EPKI - Solutions for businesses - Easy to manage and allocate.
What is AATL ?
AATL stands for Adobe Approved Trust List, a program that allows users worldwide to create trusted digital signatures whenever a signed document is opened in Adobe® Acrobat® or Reader® software. GlobalSign is a member of this list. AATL was introduced in Adobe Reader/Acrobat v9.0. Therefore, GlobalSign’s AATL Document Signing Certificates are compatible with Adobe Version. 9+ Prior to AATL, Adobe offered the Certificate Document Services (CDS) program. The Adobe CDS program was launched in 2005 with five member CAs (GlobalSign being one of them). CDS has been phased out in preference of AATL. For more information on how AATL compares to CDS, please see our blog post. Additional information on Adobe's Approved Trust List (AATL) can be found on Adobe’s website here.
Why choose AATL ?
In the current digital age, converting work documents from paper to electronic documents is bringing a lot of benefits by increasing productivity, reducing costs, and simplifying the document transport process.
As the number of electronic documents increases, the risk of documents being tampered with for malicious purposes is also increasingly difficult to control.
Individuals and organizations need solutions to protect their electronic documents. The quickest and simplest solution is to attach confirmed and approved digital signatures to documents they publish on the Internet.
GlobalSign is a documents authentication service provider and operates under strict Adobe policies, certified by WebTrust for issuance PDF digital certificates.
As a member of the Adobe Document Authentication Center (AATL), GlobalSign's PDF Digital Signature is compatible with Adobe Acrobat / Reader 6.0+.
The benefits of using AATL
- Confirm PDF documents to prove copyrights, complete content, ensure anti-tampering.
- Approve / recognize digital signatures on PDF documents (equivalent to fresh signatures).
- Authenticate digital signature on PDF documents (valid for stamp).
- Add personal name (eg: Tran Van A) to digital signature to authenticate and approve PDF documents.
- No need to use Plug-in or any other software.
- Use from adove 6.0 to use signature recognition / approval for PDF documents.
- Comply with industry regulations on digital signatures.
- Multi-language technical support.
- Respond to all types and scale of businesses and organizations.
Life cycle management
Manage each certificate individually
Information display on the certificate
Personal name (Example: Tran Van A) or Department name (Ex: Accounting Department)